Saturday 23 August 2008

unexpected tick



after a morning around Far Ings NNR where the appalling lack of reserve management means that you cannot even see out of most of the hides let alone take a photo from them, I had logged six Common Buzzards together, the highest patch total ever and a few dragons -- still searching fro a Green Sand I had a scan over pursuits pit where there appeared to be a rather small sinensis Cormorant on the tern raft; it looked rather like a Shag but as I was looking into the sun I had to have a look from the other side to confirm that it was indeed a juvenile Shag, my first August patch record and a totally unexpected list addition taking me up to 160 for the patch and 183 in Scunny area; terrible digi-scoped images above; I went back in the evening when the light was better but was unable to see out of the hide!!!!! the bird though appeared to have gone as had the Black-necked Grebe but the Red-crested Pochard was still showing well

No comments: